Tenets of Faith
BHSE accepts the Holy Scriptures as the revealed Will of G-d and adopts these Statements of Fundamental Truths.
1. The Scriptures Inspired. We believe the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word of G-d and consists of
a. The Torah---the five books of Instructions (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
b. The Nevi’m---the Prophets
c. The Ketuvim---the Writings
d. The Brit Chadashah---The Renewed Covenant (The New Testament)
2. G-d is One. We believe that G-d is one (echad) and is manifested in three separate and distinct personalities, the Father (Elohim), the Son (Yeshua) and the Holy Spirit (Ruach Ha Kodesh) who are eternally self-existent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. (John 17:21-22; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14)
3. Deity of Yeshua. We believe in the Deity of Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah, the Son of G-d, and the Son of Man. He is the Word manifested in the flesh. We believe in his miraculous immaculate conception, His birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death for our sins, and His victorious resurrection from the dead. (Genesis 3:1-7; Romans 5:11-21; Romans 10:9-13)
4. The Salvation of Mankind. We believe that for all mankind faith in Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Messiah)and confession of our sins is the only means to atonement for our sins and spending eternity with G-d our Heavenly Father in the New Jerusalem (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:8; Romans 10:8-10).
(a) The Evidence of Salvation. The inward evidence of salvation to the believer is the direct witness of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness. “And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Yeshua Ha Mashiach, and love one another, just as He commanded us.” (Deuteronomy 4:17-21; Lev. 19:18; John 13:34).
(b) Faith and Works. We believe that man’s need for salvation is unquestioned and that the means to salvation and freedom from the power and guilt of sin is obtained only through the shedding of Yeshua’s blood and that each person is individually responsible to receive this salvation by grace through faith, understanding that it is a gift from G-d and is not obtained by works should any man boast; however, our works will determine our rewards in eternity. (Romans 10:9-10 and II Cor. 5:10).
(c) The Great Commission. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to fulfill the Great Commission by making disciples. (Matthew 28:19-20)
5. Immersion in Water. We believe after a person has accepted the free gift of salvation that s/he is a new creature and should be immersed in the waters of mikveh and in the Ruach Ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit) resulting in evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. We believe with the immersion comes the endowment of power to live holy, obedient lives in service to the Most High G-d and that all of the gifts of the Spirit should be actively manifested among His people. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47, 48; Romans 6:4; Acts 8:36-39; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14)
6. Total Prosperity. We believe in total prosperity in body, soul, and spirit.
(a) Spiritual. (John 3:3,11; II Cor. 5:17-21; Romans 10: 9-10).
(b) Mental. ( II Tim. 1:7; Romans 12:2; Isaiah 26:3).
(c) Physical. (Isaiah 53:4, 5: Matt. 8:17; I Peter 2:24).
(d) Financial. (III John 1:2; Malachi 3:10-11; Luke 6:38; II Cor. 9: 6-10; Deut.28: 1-14).
(e) Social. (Proverbs 3:4).
7. Lives of Holiness. We believe all believers in Yeshua should live lives of holiness, evidenced by obedience to the entire Word of G-d consisting of the Torah, Prophets, Writings and the Brit Ha Chadashah (New Testament) which is what makes us a distinct people on the earth. (2 Chr. 31:18; Eph. 4:24, 1 Th. 3:13,Titus 2:3, 1 Peter 1:16)
8. Five Fold Ministry. We believe in the present day ministry of Yeshua continuing through His believers and that He established the fivefold ministry of the Apostles (Sch’lekim), Prophets (Nev’im), Evangelists (Maggidim), Pastors or Elders (Tzakenim/Revim), and Teachers (Morim) to teach, train and disciple believers to fulfill their divine giftings and callings for the purpose of establishing G-d’s kingdom on earth. (1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 4:11)
9. Christians Grafted Into Israel. We believe that through faith in Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Messiah) Christians are grafted into the Olive Tree of Israel and become full partakers of the Commonwealth of Israel. As such, we also believe that as part of the Commonwealth of Israel, believers must seek the welfare of the Jewish people and the state of Israel at all times. (Rom. 11:17, 19, 23, 24)
10. Sabbath and Festivals. We believe that Adonai (L-rd) has divinely ordained and established His Sabbath (Saturday) and the seven mo’edim (festivals) consisting of: Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, Shavuot, Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles as a sign to His covenant people. We believe these festivals were established for all eternity and that Yeshua (Jesus) is to be celebrated within these festivals because G-d ordained them to foreshadow His workings in Yeshua’s (Jesus) first and second comings. (Ex. 16:23, 25, 26, 29; Ex. 20:8; Ex. 35:2; Lev. 23:1-44; Num. 9:2; Mark 2:27)
11. Covenant with Israel. We believe that G-d’s covenants with Israel are eternal, including Israel’s right to the land promised to Avraham(Abraham), Yitzhak (Isaac), and Ya’akov (Jacob). We believe that soon all of Israel will be saved by the direct intervention of G-d in revealing His Son, Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Messiah) to Israel and that the glory of the kingdom will be restored to Israel. (Gen. 17:7-9; Rom. 11:26)
12. Yeshua’s Return. We believe that Yeshua (Jesus) reigns in the present age in His spiritual kingdom by the workings of the Ruach Ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit) and He will return again to establish His literal kingdom on earth. (Matt. 16:28; Luke 22:29)
13. One Bride. We believe all of the followers of Yeshua (Jesus) encompass the Olive Tree of Israel, not the Jews nor the Gentiles alone. We believe that the joining of the two into one results in the one bride of Messiah. (Rev. 19:6-8; Rev. 21:1-3)
14. Praying for the Sick. We believe that sickness and death are the results of man’s original sin and that Yeshua (Jesus) purchased our redemption from sin and our physical healing. Thus, we believe in the practice of praying, anointing with oil and “laying of hands” on the sick for healing. (Mark 16:13, 18; James 5:14)
15. New Jerusalem and Hell. We believe that heaven and hell will pass away but that the New Jerusalem is where Yeshua (Jesus) is preparing a place for His followers. We also believe there is an eternal separation from G-d or an everlasting punishment for HaSatan (Satan), the beast, the false prophet, and whoever is not found written in the Book of Life. ( Luke 21:33; Mark 13:31)
16. Marriage. We believe that the human institution of marriage was ordained by G-d and must exist only between one man and one woman. Thus, we also believe that sexual intercourse outside the bounds of marriage and sexual relations between two men or two women or between human and beast to be contrary to G-d’s Word and as such are sinful behaviors. (Gen. 2: 23-25; Lev. 18:22; Rom. 1:26-27)